The Festival Internacional de Cine Pequeño from Aspe, in order to promote the creation of scripts for Spanish short films, organizes the script contest with the following participation rules:
Any natural person, over 18 years of age and of Spanish nationality may participate in the contest.
The script must be original and unpublished and any topic. At the time of registration, it must not have become an audiovisual work.
2.1 Works per contestant
Only one script is allowed per contestant.
The script must be written in Spanish or Valencian. Texts in a different language must be accompanied by their translated version into one of the two languages mentioned.
The maximum length of the script is established in fifteen pages (not counting the cover), formatted according to the professional standard. Synopsis, steep outline, treatments, etc. are not accepted.
3. Documentation and registration period
Registration can be done through:
The following PDF documentation must be attached:
- The script.
- The plot synopsis with a maximum length of one page.
- A brief bio-filmography of the author.
- Document accrediting copyright (Intellectual Property Registry or Safe Creative), which may also be indicated on the cover of the script.
- Alternatively, you can send any other supporting documentation: dossier, the intention of the story, character design, storyboard, planned casting, financing and exploitation plan, etc.
It’s recommended to attach all the documentation in a single PDF, to achieve that you can use tools like https://www.ilovepdf.com/es/unir_pdf .
The registration period opens on May 2nd, 2021 and will close on May 31st, 2022.
A jury appointed by the organization of the Festival Internacional de Cine Pequeño will be in charge of reading all the scripts presented and choosing a winner from among them.
The Award for the Best Short Film Script is established, endowed with 500,00€ and a trophy. The ruling will be made official during the closing ceremony of the 9th Festival Internacional de Cine Pequeño, on August 19th, 2022. The organization will contact the winner, prior to that date, in order to facilitate their assistance in collecting the award. Failure to attend the award ceremony won’t imply any loss over the award payment rights.
Payment will be made to the author of the work. The festival organization agrees to pay the award within a maximum period of six months, starting from when the winner is made public, and provided that the winner has sent all the required documentation (tax and bank details).
- The scripts sent to the contest won’t be published in whole or in parts by any digital or printed means and their authors retain all rights to their work.
- The author of the winning script retains all rights to his/her work. The festival won’t transfer the work to third parties, nor will it publish it totally or partially by any digital or printed means.
- The sender is responsible for the absence of third party rights to the work and will be responsible for any type of infringement related to intellectual property rights.
7. Making the short film
In the event that the winning script is shot, the short film will automatically be selected in the official section of the festival edition corresponding to the production date of the work.
A winning file will be sent to the winning script with the laurel of the award and can be included at the beginning of the short film credits.
8. Acceptance of the rules
The registration and submission of the work implies acceptance of these rules.
9. Against these rules, their announcement and how many administrative acts derive from it and from the actions of the jury, the interested parties may challenge them in the cases and in the manner established in Law 39/2015 of October 1 of the Common Administrative Procedure.
Department of Festivities of the Excmo. Town Hall of Villa de Aspe
Department of Culture
For more information:
And on social media: